Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What I do for a living?

Since I have a camera, and I like taking photos, many people had asked me to come to their weddings and take their wedding photographs. I just realized that I have been doing this for quite some time now. How long was it? Four to five years approximately I guess. 

It has been an amazing journey. Just ups, no downs. Taking pictures at a wedding is a pleasure that relaxes me a lot, chasing after the bride and groom, waiting for special moments, hunting for meaningful smiles, laughter, tears of joy, and warmth. 


I still remember the first few weddings that I did. I just bought myself a camera and was eager. My friend who got married that day had been blessed with a beautiful daughter who they named Adriana. I'd probably re-edit those pictures and post them up here later. 



At this age and time, more and more men don't mind having their faces made up. It's becoming a trend nowadays. This trend was made famous I think by David Beckham, K-Pop singer-dance groups and etc. Male celebrities wore make-up in the past, but it Beckham and K-Pop that took it to the next level and made it a lifestyle I guess. 


Why suddenly am I writing about this?
Well, I have been having dreams about my own wedding for the past 3 days. It was always the same. In my dream, I would be preparing for my wedding in an unrecognizable room. I was dressing up for the event, after dressing, I went outside to get to my car, and be on my way to the banquet hall where my wedding would take place. 
Somehow, everything stopped there, every time. I had the same dream more than once each night, and I never got to see my bride! 

So, here I am, wondering how would my wedding be. 



These are the typical things that you's see at a Malay wedding banquet.



This blue coloured cake is very beautiful. The most beautiful I've seen in weddings yet.

I've photographed many of my friends' weddings. They are now living happily, some have been blessed with children, some are still working on it. 



For this particular wedding, the bride and groom are friends of friends of a close friend. These two people (the groom's picture is above, having his make-up done) are very warm, friendly and fun. Somehow, they've become good friends, We communicate through Facebook quite often. 

What would a wedding be without sweets, eh?

The dream somehow made me look forward to my own wedding. However, there's a problem, I don't even have anyone to get married to.


No comments:

Post a Comment