My bestie just posted his last blog post after 3 years of blogging. How sad is that. I hope he writes more, but he mentioned that it was due to unavoidable circumstances that had resulted in such.
It's sad to see something end. After all those time he spent in pouring out his mind into the blog. He was after all really careful of the content. It was all positive, easy to understand, sweet sometimes, not too long that it feels like I was reading a novel instead.
I hope he writes again.
In my previous entries I have mentioned a trip to Sabah that I suddenly remembered and wanted to post it up here. Searching through the picture files launched me further down the memory lane. I found lots of photographs that was way back even when I was studying. Memories came flashing in before my eyes, friends that I have lost track of, brothers and sisters that I have forgotten.
I smiled through the night thinking of those special times. Maybe I'll post them up here. Nobody reads my blog anyways, it'll be super-safe to reveal to silly looking pictures of me. Hehehe.
Quit reminiscing! Back to the Sabah trip.
My airport fashion is the same thing I wear everywhere. Hence seen in these two pictures. These two pictures were snapped by my friend Imran. He is a really good street photography artist.
These were pictures of us bored to death waiting for the plane. The flight was delayed at that time. No surprises. All of our flights were delayed. Luckily. There were no direct flight to where we were going which was Sandakan. I had bought the tickets separately. So we were worried that we might not be able to make it in time for the next flight. But, there was a six-hour gap between the two flights. So, I was not worried so much.
Finally onto the plane we went. This was the first time I brought my camera onto the plane. I didn't know that it was allowed at first. That's why I never did bring cameras aboard a flight. Every time I go on a plane, my mind would race like crazy. I kept on repeating to myself the things we'd have to do if the plane was to crash. If we crashed in the sea, just wear the safety jacket, but don't inflate it yet, until we crash and I am out of the plane. Kept telling that to myself to the point where I fell asleep!
We landed safely and took a car for two hours northbound up to Sempoerna. We arrived to a warm hospitable residence, of which the occupants were the most friendliest people I have ever encountered. They spoke in the native language, which sounded to me like German instead of Sabah. They spoke the language of the Sempoerna Bajau. Upon careful listening, it sounded a bit like Tagalog, but not quite.
The wedding was scheduled the day after the next. So, we had a lot of time to prepare. The next day we took a trip to the small town of Sempoerna. For some inexplicable reasons, I have found myself in the driver's seat of a lowered-suspension Proton Wira and have become acquainted with the roads there. Being a driver means you cannot take pictures. Sigh..
On the eve before the wedding ceremony, the bride's hand was decorated with henna. It came quite as a surprise for me as I didn't think that Sabah had hennas. But, on second thought, even Saudi Arabia had hennas, so what's the big deal?
I'll post the wedding pictures later. I got really tired from the choosing of pictures, to the editing and etc. Hahaha. The wedding took place at the Kampung Bugaya Darat Masjid as seen in the picture above.
















No comments:
Post a Comment