Friday, January 28, 2011

Old Text Messages

Peace be upon you, with God's Grace and Mercy.

For the past few days, I've been trying to clear out my phone's inbox and sentbox. I have lost track of the short messages I have kept, there were way too many in my phone. To my pleasent surprise, I have not deleted any text messages (incoming or outgoing) for the past 5 months! For your information, I don't text a lot, but, try keeping 5 months' worth of messages, and see how many times you've sent and received?

Before deleting any, I saw that I had 2043 messages in my inbox, and 2338 messages in mu sentbox. Several hundred messages was stored in the deleted items,and around six was in drafts.

huh!

Okay, I tried deleting it a bit at a time, but it got really boring. I tried deleting it all at once, it took so long that I was worried if somebody called me, the phone wouldn't be able to process both things at the same time, (it probably can, but I can't really test it). So, I tried deleting 20 messages at a time. But, that also got me really bored to tears.

And the worse part is that, the phone jammed in the middle of the way, and all of the (what I thought was) deleted messages was (if this is even possible) un-deleted!

So, I had to take my sweet time, deleting 5-6 messages at one go, before going to bed, and managing around 200 messages per session.

This had given me an opportunity to read back all of the messages I'm about to delete. The oldest message (at that time) in my inbox was from Vijay telling me that he wanted to go out for lunch. And that kicked off my trip down memory lane.

The most frequent sender would be Nor Azlan and Hasfanizam. I saw that I had made some contacts with a certain Hanif Rohaizat during Ramadhan, but stopped all together after Ramadhan had ended, (there ends another friendship). Some time during the fasting month, I've quarreled with Hanif Rohaizat, and at the same time, I've texted Azlan about what we we quarelling about. Azlan was consoling me, and asking me to just break away from the brawl, and go away. Hehe.. I was stubborn.

I've reconnected with a friend whom I've always tried to avoid. I found out later that he was married and now with two kids. He was involved in an accident, and broke his legs. Good for him and his rempit obsessions.

Once in a while, Omar Hamdi would text saying hello and asking how I've been. Sweet Omar. Love him to death.

Some messages contained pleas for financial assistance. Hahaha.. a lot of messages asked me "jaga mana?" or "kerja mana?", by Azlan and Nizam.

One particular set of messages from a certain ehemm-ehemm asked me out for a movie- TRON. It didn't happen. I was so hurt by it that I ignored the person for two months for breaking the promise. Well, we've discussed about this, and I am still arrogant and ignorant.

5 months was not a long time ago, but, re-reading my old text messages made me feel as if it had been 2 years ago. haish..

What ever lah~ hahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment