It is the most cliche thing to talk about right now among muslims. I just found out that three countries; Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore had officially started fasting on Wednesday 11th August, but our neighbour Brunei Darussalam started fasting a day later! There was me thinking that everyone on earth starts on the same day! How dumb of me! hahaha.
I expected to spend the first Iftar together with my elder brother and his wife and daughter. As it turned out, he had to be stationed at Sungai Petani, replacing a colleague who took a day off claiming that he was sick, on the first day of Ramadhan. What a coincidence. At 1 o'clock in the afternoon, I texted him asking to confirm our plans. He said he'll move out of Sg Petani at 5 heading towards Penang. I still was not confident. My instinct was right. at 6.20 p.m, he was still at Tikam Batu. I had already asked Lan to go home and spend the first Iftar with his Mom and family instead of me. How stupid that was. I took a bus home, and on the way, I bought Mak Su's Famous Honey Chicken Rice (Special)(really recommend this. The stall in opposite Umar Al-Khattab Mosque, Bayan Baru) , and some pasties. Took it home and enjoyed the delicious rice with my younger brother and his wife (no daughters involved).
On the second day of Iftar, as I didn't plan anything, and Asma was away in Kelantan with her family, I spent the iftar alone, enjoying the most delicious (the hunger helped made it more delicious) Curry Kuey Teow. Again, I really recommend this, the stall is situated at Giant Hypermarket Bayan Baru's 1st Floor. Look for the ''Mee Melayu'' stall.
One lesson I have learnt this week: No matter how innocent a person looks, he/she is still human, born with lusts and desires. Looks are very deceiving especially nowadays, people might look as good as a saint, but the fact is that they may be in the same ranks as the Devil himself.
I was told a few days ago that I need to change my behavior and attitude. A person related to me that because of my current attitude, nobody wants to be close to me.
My first thought was "WTFFFFFFF ~!@$#%^&*(*&^%$#@!~". I calmed myself down and started to try to think this through as mature as possible. hence, my answer was "Everyone is given the rights to choose who they want to be friends with. If there are people who would not want to make me their friend, I have no power to change this. Whatever your choice is, I respect it, and I appreciate the truthfulness. What I don't appreciate is the badmouthing me behind me."
I truly did appreciate his truthfulness. I did. Hence, I have made my peace with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment